Process to Install Hackintosh Catalina on Z390 and i5 9600k CPU
Guide to Install Hackintosh Catalina by Techhowdy
This guide is tested and works with the following configuration. You can still try to install Hackintosh Catalina if you don’t have the specs, but result might not be or would be partially success.
This is a medium-budget build, and for those who want to build an Hackintosh with limited money to spend, can go ahead and build this computer. Currently there is no sport for drivers provided by Nvidia on its latest GPU’s for macOS. Therefore, AMD would always be our choice going forward.
Also Read: Process to Install Hackintosh Mojave on H370-I and i3 8100 CPU
Also Read: Step By Step Guide to Install Hackintosh macOS Mojave 10.14
Also Read: Step By Step Process To Install Hackintosh macOS Mojave
EFI Folder for Hackintosh Catalina Z390 i5 9600k CPU
Updating Bios Settings on Motherboard
****I used the usb 2.0 port for my wireless keyboard and the USB installer. Both were detected during the install process.
*** Plug your Monitor to the HDMI Port on the AMD RX 580 GPU.
Now during the PC is starting up keep pressing the BIOS or UEFI Menu button to access the BIOS or UEFI Menu. For most Motherboards, the BIOS or UEFI Menu is placed on the DELETE button on the keyboard. (Please note your BIOS interface would look different but the options will be same in most cases).
- Advanced \ CPU Configuration → Intel Virtualization Technology : Enabled
- Advanced \ Chipset Configuration → Vt-d : Disabled
- Advanced \ Storage Configuration → Sata Mode Selection: AHCI
- Advanced \ USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support : Enabled
- Advanced \ USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off : Enabled
- Security \ Secure Boot → Secure Boot: Disabled
- Boot → Fast Boot: Disabled
- Boot → Boot From Onboard LAN: Disabled
Steps to Install Hackintosh Catalina on SSD
When you computer boots from the USB Installer, you should be able to see Clover Boot loader screen. Select the USB Installer that you created and Press Enter on the keyboard.
- Now you should see the apple logo and the process bar.(Might take upto 15 – 25 minutes for the next screen to appear. It is copying all the files in background – be patient and don’t panic.)
- After the process of copying files is complete, you would see the macOS Utilities window. Here before we install Hackintosh Catalina on SSD, we need to format the SSD to APFS standard.
- On the Disk Utility window, under View select Show All Devices
- Select the SSD drive where you want to install Hackintosh Catalina.
- Then Select Erase
- Select the following options as mentioned in the image.
- After the disk has been erased close disk utility window and then click Install macOs on Utilities window.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and the select the SSD drive that you formatted in the previous step and click Install.
- The installation will take about 10-25 minutes depending on the speed of SSD.
Note: During installation process the Mac OS will reboot several Times. In the Clover Menu you will need to select the disk were you going to install the macOS Catalina hackintosh manually and press Enter. Do not select the installer USB as installation would start all over again. (Do not panic if installer restarts.)