Process to Install Hackintosh Mojave on Z390 and i5 9600k CPU
Hello guys, I am here with another tutorial on building Hackintosh. In this video tutorial I will show you the step by step process to install Hackintosh Mojave on Z390 and i5 9600k CPU. We will be using Intels 9th Generation CPU with Z390 Phanthom Gaming Motherboard to build our hackintosh.
This is a medium-budget build, and for those who want to build an Hackintosh with limited money to spend, can go ahead and build this computer. If you are an Nvidia GPU user, you would not be able to successfully build the hackintosh.
Also Read: Process to Install Hackintosh Mojave on H370-I and i3 8100 CPU
Nvidia has not yet provided any support for Mojave drivers and therefore many hackintosher’s have decided to ditch Nvidia and proceed with AMD Graphics Cards.
Everything works so far, I have not yet found any issues. Many people are reporting problems with Sleep/Shutdown/Wake, which is not the case in this build. Make sure you use my EFI folder and all should be good. All the USB ports are working also there is no problems with detecting the Graphics Card as hackintosh Mojave will detect the AMD RX 580 out of the box.
**If you wan to use the Intel Core i7-9700K CPU for Hackintosh Mojave build, this will still work. All you need to do is change the Model to iMac 18,3 in SMBIOS.
**I have not tested the DP as I am using HDMI on my 27 inch 4k LG Monitor.
Without wasting any further time, please look at the configuration requirements.
Parts Used to Build hackintosh Mojave
Please Note: If you have 2 Monitors and want to use them with HDMI port, Please buy graphics card with two HDMI ports. THe above mentioned card has 2 HDMi port and is the lowest price listed on Amazon.
CREATE A BOOTABLE USB INSTALLER
*****Very Important – You would need to use the EFI folder from Required Files section for this tutorial. As this EFI folder is specifically tested to install Hackintosh Mojave on Z390 and i5 9600K CPU.
UPDATING BIOS SETTINGS on Z390
First you need to Insert the USB installer’ into the USB 2.0 Port and Start your PC. The USB 2.0 port is recommended because in some cases the USB 3.0 Port may not work during installation process. If the USB 3.0 port is working, then feel free to use it. (Give it a try).
****I used the usb 2.0 port for my wireless keyboard and the USB installer. Both were detected during the install process.
*** Plug your Monitor to the HDMI Port on the AMS RX 580 GPU.
Now during the PC is starting up keep pressing the BIOS or UEFI Menu button to access the BIOS or UEFI Menu. For most Motherboards, the BIOS or UEFI Menu is placed on the DELETE button on the keyboard. (Please note your BIOS interface would look different but the options will be same in most cases).
- Advanced \ CPU Configuration → Intel Virtualization Technology : Enabled
- Advanced \ Chipset Configuration → Vt-d : Disabled
- Advanced \ Storage Configuration → Sata Mode Selection: AHCI
- Advanced \ USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support : Enabled
- Advanced \ USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off : Enabled
- Security \ Secure Boot → Secure Boot: Disabled
- Boot → Fast Boot: Disabled
- Boot → Boot From Onboard LAN: Disabled
INSTALL HACKINTOSH MOJAVE ON SSD
When you computer boots from the USB Installer, you should be able to see following screen. Select the USB Installer that you created and Press ENTER on the keyboard.
You do not need to change any options the install will boot directly and you will see the apple logo with progress bar. The Hackintosh Mojave Installer will read you AMD GPU without any problems and the installation process will run smoothly.
Be patient – It took me 20-25 minutes to go past this apple progress bar to the install screen for Hackintosh Mojave.
- Now Select your preferred language for Installing Hackintosh macOS Mojave. Click on the arrow to continue.
- Now you will be redirected to the first screen, select the USB installer and press ENTER to start installing Hackintosh Macos Mojave on your SSD.
- Scroll through these images within the slide for step by step installation instructions of hackintosh macOS Mojave on SSD. (Steps 1 – 8)
Note: During installation process the Mac OS may(most probably not, if using my config) reboot several Times.
In the Clover Menu you will need to select the disk were you going to install the macOS Mojave hackintosh. Don’t select the USB, as it will restart the install process.
Replacing the EFI Folder on SSD with WORKING EFI
- Copy the provided Working EFI Folder for i5 9600K and Z390 on your Desktop and Eject the USB Installer.
- Now open the Clover Configurator Application.
- Inside Clover Configurator >Mount EFI
- Now Mount the Partition Which says [Current Boot Disk]
- Now Click on Open Partition
- Clover Configurator will load the the EFI partition. All you need to do is delete the EFI folder on the SSD Partition and Paste the Working EFI folder in the Partition.
- Now you can Eject the EFI Partition.
- Go ahead and Restart your Hackintosh.
- Now during the PC is starting up keep pressing the BIOS or UEFI Menu button to access the BIOS or UEFI Menu.
- Under Boot Options Priorities select the SSD drive where you just installed Hackintosh macOS Mojave.
- Now go to EXIT and click on Save Changes & Exit. When the confirmation popup appears click OK.
- Now your Computer should directly boot into SSD drive.
- You don’t need to un-check any options if you are using AMD Graphics cards.
- On the Clover bootloader screen select your SSD and Hit Enter Directly.
- You should be able to boot into Hackintosh Mojave.