Fix Hackintosh NVIDIA Graphics Card Issues Using Clover Configurator
Hello Techhowdy readers, welcome back to another Hackintosh Tutorial. In this blog post I will teach you how you can Fix Hackintosh NVIDIA Graphics Card Issues on macOSx Sierra and High Sierra.
It has been a while since I posted an article related to Hackintosh issues. To keep our Hackintosh section alive I will be updating the section with new and latest fixes to Hackintosh problems.
Without wasting more time, let’s start with the fixing the NVIDIA Graphics Card issues related to Hackintosh. This step by step guide to fix Hackintosh problems related to NVIDIA Graphics Card can be applied to all NVIDIA Graphics Cards that are Compatible with Hackintosh computer.
After following this step by step guide for fixing all your Hackintosh NVIDIA Graphics Card Issues, you would be able to resolve all the problems related to Nvidia graphics card.
As, I did mention It can fix most Issues of NVIDIA Graphics Card on Hackintosh, this particular blogpost will be specifically dedicated to GTX 600 700 900 and 1000 series of Graphics Cards. It might also work with NVIDIA 500 Series as well.
You Can Check the List of Graphics Card that are Compatible with Hackintosh Build.
So, the problem with the Nvidia Graphics Card GTX 970 and 1000 series is that, they are not natively supported by Apple. Therefore, you have to install the CUDA Drivers and the Web Drivers.
Don’t worry, I will show you the step by step guide on how you can get the Nvidia graphics card working on your Hackintosh OSX. This fix will work for all the versions including the Apple OSX 10.13.x, 10.12.x, 10.11.x. You would need to follow few different steps to get it working on Hackintosh OSX 10.
This Step By Step Guide to Fix NVIDIA Graphics Card issues related to Hackintosh has been divided into two different guides. The First guide is for those who already have a bootable Operating System Using Clover Configurator and the second guide is for those who don’t yet have a bootable operating system and are stuck at the very start. I will post that guide in the next blog.
Let's Fix Hackintosh NVIDIA Graphics Card Issues on Bootable Operating System Using Clover Configurator
STEP 1: Installing CUDA Drivers
- Open Clover Configurator and Mount your EFI Partition and open the config.plist file.
- Go to Install Drivers section and find EmuVariableUefi-64 and un-install the driver.
- Save the config.plist file
- Now Install CUDA drivers and NVIDIA driver managers before you plug in your video graphics card into the PCIE slot.
Download NVIDIA and CUDA Drivers for your Graphic Card – Click Here.
- After you have installed your Graphics Drivers – Plug in your Graphic Card.
- Open Clover Configurator and Mount your EFI Partition.
- Now You need to re-install EmuVariableUefi-64 – This is a must for NVIDIA Graphics to work properly. But, before installing NVIDIA Graphics Drivers you have to un-install EmuVariableUefi-64.
Note: Any time you Update or Install the NVIDIA Drivers – First you would need to uninstall the EmuVariableUefi-64 driver and then do the NVidia Graphics Driver Install or Update.
STEP 2: Install Boot-Flags
What is a Boot-Flag?
For those who literally do not know what is boot-flag, let me explain. Boot-Flag is like an instruction that you give to your Operating System, which in our case would be any Hackintosh OSX. You tell the OSX that, before it loads any basic drivers, it needs to do the following to run your graphics card.
- So, In order to get your Nvidia Graphics Card working without any trouble, you have to select the option nv_disable=1 in your Clover configurator.
- Next, go to System Parameters and select the NvidiaWeb Without this option selected, you would not be able to boot drivers in macOS Sierra or macOS High Sierra.
- Next Step is to go to Graphics and Select Load VBios and if you have an Intel processor select Inject Intel.
Note: Previously when building Hackintosh you would need to Inject Nvidia. But here you don’t have to do this. For some reason when you select the Inject Nvidia option, the Nvidia Graphics Card 900 and 1000 Series would not boot-up to screen. People have complained of seeing black-screen after the boot-up is completed. From many Hackintosh forum discussions I have noticed, these people are using Inject Nvidia, NvidiaNoEFI or NvidiaGeneric options. This can create problems, therefore I will recommend not to use them.