Process to Install Hackintosh Mojave on H370-I and i3 8100 CPU
Process to Install Hackintosh Mojave on H370-I and Intel i3 8100 CPU
Hello guys, I am here with another tutorial on building Hackintosh. In this video tutorial I will show you the step by step process to install Hackintosh Mojave on H370-I and i3 8100 CPU. This is a budget build, and for those who want to build an Hackintosh with limited money to spend, can go ahead and build this computer. If you are an Nvidia GPU user, you would not be able to successfully build the hackintosh.
Nvidia has not yet provided any support for Mojave drivers and therefore many hackintosher’s have decided to ditch Nvidia and proceed with AMD Graphics Cards.
What Parts You Need For this Budget HACKINTOSH Build
Whats Not Working ?
The on board wifi does not work but the ethernet port is working, therefore, if you wish to use the ethernet port for internet, you don’t need to buy the usb wifi card. Also, if you play around with some kexts or patches, you may have it working. Some hackintosher’s have had success with the onboard wifi.
People had problems with the RX 470 Graphics card, therefore I recommend you not to go for anything lower than AMD Rx 580 GPU. Also there are different manufacturer’s available, I decided to go with MSI Rx 580 because I needed 2 HDMI 2.0 ports. Buy the card according to the number of DP or HDMI ports you need for you Monitors.
CREATE A BOOTABLE USB INSTALLER
Please follow this video tutorial that I have created. Step By Step Guide to Create USB Installer For Hackintosh Mojave. In this video tutorial I have shown you the process of crating an USB Installer for Hackintosh Mojave.
*****Very Important – You would need to use the EFI folder from Required Files section for this tutorial. As this EFI folder is specifically tested to install Hackintosh Mojave on H370-I and i3 8100 CPU.
UPDATING BIOS SETTINGS
First you need to Insert the USB installer’ into the USB 2.0 Port and Start your PC. The USB 2.0 port is recommended because in some cases the USB 3.0 Port may not work during installation process. If the USB 3.0 port is working, then feel free to use it. (Give it a try).
****I used the usb 2.0 port for my wireless keyboard and the USB installer. Both were detected during the install process.
*** Plug your Monitor to the HDMI Port on the AMS RX 580 GPU.
Now during the PC is starting up keep pressing the BIOS or UEFI Menu button to access the BIOS or UEFI Menu. For most Motherboards, the BIOS or UEFI Menu is placed on the DELETE button on the keyboard. (Please note your BIOS interface would look different but the options will be same in most cases).
You would not need to do any changes if you already have Hackintosh System installed, as you must have configured the BIOS settings, when you installed it. But, it’s always good to double check your settings to avoid any install failures as we proceed.
Here is the recommended settings for BIO incase you are installing macOS Hackintosh Mojave for the first time. (Some of these options may not be available on H370-I). Depends on which BIOS version you have installed. Go through all tabs in BIOS and make sure the following if exists, perform the required task.
1. First and Foremost, go over to the Advanced Mode(F7)Tab located at the bottom and then go to the Exit
2. Load Optimize Defaults that’s the first thing we want to do.
3. Go to Advanced Tab and click on CPU Configuration\CPI – Power Management Control and then set CFG Lock to Disabled.
4. Go to Advanced Tab and click on System Agent (SA) Configuration and then set VT-d to Disabled.
5. Go to Boot Tab and make sure under Boot Option Priorities you have selected the USB that you just created to install Hackintosh macOS Mojave. (Your USB name may be different , based on the Manufacturer or Brand).
6. If your Motherboard has the option for
7. Now go to EXIT and click on Save Changes & Exit. When the confirmation popup appears click OK.
INSTALL HACKINTOSH MOJAVE ON SSD
When you computer boots from the USB Installer, you should be able to see following screen. Select the USB Installer that you created and Press ENTER on the keyboard.
You do not need to change any options the install will boot directly and you will see the apple logo with progress bar. The Hackintosh Mojave Installer will read you AMG GPU without any problems and the installation process will run smoothly.
Be patient – It took me 20-25 minutes to go past this apple progress bar to the install screen for Hackintosh Mojave.
Now Select your preferred language for Installing Hackintosh macOS Mojave. Click on the arrow to continue.
Scroll through these images within the slide for step by step installation instructions of hackintosh macOS Mojave on SSD. (Steps 1 – 8)
Note: During installation process the Mac OS will reboot several Times. In the Clover Menu you will need to select the disk were you going to install the macOS Mojave hackintosh manually and press Enter. (Most Likely may not reeboot)
Installing CLOVER BOOTLOADER ON SSD
- Copy the provided Working EFI Folder for i3 8100 and H370-I on your Desktop and Eject the USB Installer.
- Now try to Open Clover Bootloader and click Continue for the first two windows as this is bunch of info about the app. If you have time go ahead review it and then click continue.
- Basically we are re-doing the same steps as you saw in the video for creating USB installer.
- On the Destination Select tab, click on the option Change Install Location.
- Select the SSD Drive where you just installed macOS Hackintosh Mojave. After you Select the SSD Drive click Continue.
- Now on the Installation Type Tab Click on the Customize option. Select the option Clover for UEFI.only and Install Clover in the ESP
- Click on the Dropdown for UEFIDrivers and Select the following options:
- Now after Selecting all these options click Install.
- Clover Bootloader will ask you to enter your password to proceed.
- Now Clover will start installing the Bootloader. Once its completed, you can close clover bootloader.
- Once Clover Bootloader is installed on your SSD Drive, you should see the EFI partition on your Desktop. Go ahead and click on the EFI partition and open it.
- Now Delete the EFI folder in the partition created by Clover bootloader.
- Copy the provided EFI folder to EFI Partiton.
- Now you can Eject the EFI Partition.
- Go ahead and Restart your Hackintosh.
- Now during the PC is starting up keep pressing the BIOS or UEFI Menu button to access the BIOS or UEFI Menu.
- Under Boot Options Priorities select the SSD drive where you just installed Hackintosh macOS Mojave.
- Now go to EXIT and click on Save Changes & Exit. When the confirmation popup appears click OK.
- Now your Computer should directly boot into SSD drive.
- You don’t need to un-check any options if you are using AMD Graphics cards.
- On the Clover bootloader screen select your SSD and Hit Enter Directly.
- You should be able to boot into Hackintosh Mojave.
**Tip : You can use use macOS High Sierra drivers for you Wi-Fi Dongal incase you are using one.
** You do not need any drivers or special settings for AMD graphics cards. MacOS Mojave should be able to detect AMD cards right out of the box.
Now you can continue with installing your favorite apps and software’s. You can also do your personal customization and you can enjoy all features of macOS Hackintosh Mojave.